No openings at this time
No openings at this time
Provides administrative support to the daily police department operations and the Chief of Police. Performs a wide variety of complex clerical duties. Interacts with employees and vendors when answering questions, obtaining/distributing information or coordinating department programs/projects. Assists police management with human resources and budgetary responsibilities. Acts as a liaison with Town departments, outside agencies and the residents of Westover Hills.
Receives general supervision from the Police Lieutenant or other executive management staff. May provide technical or functional supervision to lower level clerical staff.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job. Incumbents may be requested to
perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description.
- Performs a wide variety of clerical and word processing duties such as heavy telephone and over the counter interaction with external and internal parties, processing paperwork and entering data into various City databases.
- Provides administrative, technical, and secretarial support to the Police Department and the Chief of Police that includes preparation of general correspondence, calendar and appointment scheduling, TCOLE records maintenance, and other logistical arrangements.
- Responds to requests for information from supervisory staff, employees, or general public. Answers questions related to the department’s activities, programs, policies, and procedures. Conducts follow-up research to retrieve answers and supporting information.
- Performs various fiscal activities including, monitoring and submitting requisitions for supplies and materials, initiating purchase orders. Makes travel and training arrangements.
- Serves as liaison between department and external suppliers and vendors. Coordinates department activities with suppliers/vendors. Monitors contracts to ensure timely completion and accurate payment schedules.
- Provides payroll and staffing support to police department. Compiles, calculates, maintains and reviews payroll. Verifies time sheets, investigates questionable data and processes payroll. Initiates and tracks new hire process.
- Participates in the annual budget development process by gathering data, compiling information, monitoring expenditures according to budget guidelines and ensuring adherence to department budget.
- Participates in special projects as assigned.
- Drafts a variety of documents including general correspondence, reports, memorandums, and statistical charts.
- Operates a variety of office equipment including telephones, computers, copy machines and facsimile machines; input and retrieve data and text; organize and maintain disk storage and filing.
- Maintains police confidential documents and TCOLE records for compliance with guidelines.
- Attends conferences, meetings, and briefings; scribes meeting minutes as required.
- Adheres to assigned work schedule as outlined in the attendance policies and procedures; ensures all behaviors comply with the Town’s personnel rules and regulations.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Principles and procedures of record management.
- Capital purchasing policies and procedures.
- Contract management and compliance.
- Principles and practices of business administration and human resources.
- Operational characteristics, services, and activities of assigned program area, including administrative, financial or HR functions.
- Principles and practices of budget preparation.
- Municipal budgetary policies, requirements and procedures.
- Personnel rules and regulations.
- Pertinent Federal, State and local laws, codes and regulations.
- Various online City database software and Microsoft Office computer programs.
- Data entry and filing.
- Modern office systems and procedures.
- Analytical thinking.
- Problem solving.
- Planning and organization.
- Time management.
- Communicate clearly and effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Maintain confidentiality.
- Pay attention to detail.
- Read, interpret and analyze complex reports.
- Research and gather data on complex issues.
- Provide quality customer service.
Associate’s degree from an accredited college with major course work in Business Management, Public Administration, Business Administration or related field and four years of clerical and administrative experience.
- Proficiency using the following software: Microsoft-Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Word, Publisher, Tyler Technology Payroll system and accounting.
- Experience using CrimeStar Record Management and Computer Aided Dispatch.
- Type 55 words or more per minute.
- Pass an extensive background investigation and drug test.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position typically requires touching, talking, hearing, seeing, grasping, standing, walking, repetitive motions, exposure to computer screens and working closely with others.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Sedentary Work – This position typically exerts up to 10 pounds of force occasionally, a negligible amount of force frequently, and/or or constantly having to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met.
Candidates that fail the background investigation or drug test, have a felony conviction, any theft offense conviction, family violence offense conviction or been untruthful on the job application will not be considered for employment with the Town of Westover Hills.
Applicants must fill out the attached Personal History Statement and Waiver entirely. Both must be notarized and returned to the Westover Hills Police Department.