The Town of Westover Hills is taking applications for Police Officer.
The Town of Westover Hills is a tranquil suburb of west Fort Worth. The Town has a low crime rate and low call volume. The Police Department is a recognized Best Practice Agency with the Texas Police Chiefs Association. In addition, the Police Department is recognized as a first responding agency for police and medical services. The department’s philosophy is rooted in community policing, providing professional police and medical services. The Westover Hills Police Department is looking for individuals who value community policing, problem solving and a strong desire to help people.
Under the supervision of the Police Sergeant, performs law enforcement and general police services for the Town of Westover Hills.
- Responds to calls for police service within the Town of Westover Hills to include, but not limited to:
- Investigating crimes, accidents and incidents, arresting suspects and violators, settling disputes, directing traffic, assist the public, detaining individuals, issuing citations and other patrol activities.
- Cooperate with other law enforcement agencies and medical entities.
- Conduct preliminary and follow-up investigations.
- Conduct home security checks
- Observes and notifies residents of potential home security problems
- Perform special assignments
- Prepares a variety of reports and forms
- Provide medical care per medical credentials.
EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION AND TRAINING:
- High school diploma or GED
- Associate degree preferred.
- Two (2) years’ police experience is preferred. A basic police certification from TCOLE is mandatory.
- All applicants must pass a physical examination.
- All applicants must pass a physical fitness qualification course.
- All applicants must pass a drug screening
- All applicants with must pass a psychological examination.
- All applicants must pass a written test, oral interview board and an interview with the Chief of Police.
- All applicants will be subject to an extensive background investigation
- Applicants with a Class B misdemeanor or higher conviction are not eligible
- Applicants who fail to complete the application in its entirety will be disqualified
- Applicants with a conviction for any theft or family violence are not eligible.
- Applicants with a dishonorable discharge from TCOLE are not eligible.
LICENCES AND CERTIFICATIONS:
- Must possess a Peace Officer License with a Basic Certification from the Texas Commission on Law Enforcement.
- Intermediate certificate preferred.
- Must possess a valid Texas driver’s license at the time of appointment.
- Applicants will be required to obtain a National Emergency Medical Responder license and State of Texas Emergency Care Attendant license within one year of employment.
- Applicants will be required to attend and pass basic SWAT training within one year or have equivalent work experience.
Please download the Personal History Statement and Waiver forms. Complete the forms and deliver to the Westover Hills Police Department 5824 Merrymount Road, Fort Worth, Texas 76107.
Starting salary $54.000 per year.
There are no positions available at this time