Please review the following requirements for submitting plans to receive a building permit for a generator. Office hours are Monday through Friday 7:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
Contact information: 817-737-8745.
List of Requirements for Generator Permit
- Applicant to verify adequacy of gas supply with Atmos Energy;
- Two sets of scaled, dimensioned plans, to include a site plan reflecting location of proposed generator and required setbacks and easements; and electrical and fuel-gas plans, as applicable.
- Permit Fee: $10.00 per $1 000.00 of total construction cost, with a $30.00 minimum.
- Electrical and plumbing contractors are required to obtain separate permits.
- Electrical and fuel-gas inspections for work performed by each sub-contractor;
- Final inspection to verify the placement of the generator complies with the approved building construction plans.