Set in the midst of one of the most exclusive residential developments in Texas, Westover Hills Town Hall was designed in a revival of the Georgian Colonial style adopted by the eighteenth-century Virginia gentry.
The $108,847.39 Works Progress Administration project was completed in 1940; at the formal opening and dedication ceremony on 7 November 1940, Congressman Fritz Lanham proclaimed the building a tribute “to the ideals of American citizenship and to that great American doctrine of work for all.”
Designed by the Fort Worth architectural team of Patterson & Teague, who were responsible for a number of residences in Westover Hills, the high one-story building, faced in soft orange-red brick with white painted wood trim, has an eclectic composition. A central section, with five paired French doors below transoms, is recessed behind six composite columns, and flanked by cross-gabled end bays with classically pedimented and fanlit double doors. A central cupola with octagonal top rises from the gable roof, clad in clay shingle tile.
After construction, the structure contained both the police and fire departments. Although the town later contracted with the City of Fort Worth for fire services, the building remains the home for the Police Department as well many Administrative and town services.